Moving On...

As young college goers probably in the 3rd or the 4th year we have crushes – the one person that catches our eye, makes the heart beat faster , arises that shiver in the legs and a feeling of hollowness in the gut. For those who are daring enough they might be able to let their feelings known, while others are ‘knights in shining armor’ for their loved ones in their own world. Now a phase does come by the final year where grades don’t hold as much importance as much as letting your feelings to be known takes a higher priority. If one is lucky enough the feeling might reciprocate else the entire setup with our best pals goes down the drain along with our faith in humanity but most importantly in love as well.
Looking back in time today, I believe I was among those lucky ones who did let their feelings to be known; alas, I discovered the next phase of crush because whatever I had imagined about the person turned out to be exactly opposite. Though we are now the best of friends; well not exactly ‘best’ to lying, friends yes of course.
But yes, I did fall in love and experienced it all, much to the SHOCK and AMAZEMENT of all those who knew me. As conveyed by a very dear friend to me; who believed that there are those who are ‘just friends and nothing more’, then there are people who fall in love followed by 50 feet of crap and at the bottom of the pit was me! Few who knew me quite well take in the fact that I for whom all men were chauvinists, actually had a man in my life. Well what can I say, maybe the cupid finally found its mark this time.
But today after 6 months of moving on, 27 bottles of beer, endless abuses to his photograph, never ending he-wasn’t- worth-you discussions with my best friends I am still hung on to him; still smitten by him. That’s because according to my best friend( totally hung-over & for the first time speaking in his favor) she says he really cared for me.
Ooohhh!! I hate it when she’s right! But even now somewhere a voice tells me he loves me and he did care for me. ( So what went wrong? Nahhh not exactly the usual story, we didn’t break up, we didn’t fight, we just moved on.. it’s a whole new story)
Well today I have learnt it live with the pain, unfortunately I have never looked at another guy ever since. But true to the inner me I never have never regretted fighting with him or arguing with him. Never told him how much I loved him, maybe because I didn’t have the guts to face the fact that I had fallen for someone. But then he knew it, he knew it all, HE knew me too well.
So today I realize that in a couple of years, two to three years down to the line, when we both are where we wanted to be(career wise) we would meet and I secretly feel it would work out. Even if it doesn’t then we would surely share a laugh and move on with the one who finally has swept us off our feet again…
m!k@

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just Because

Resolution

Ode to Him